From Wiki of WFilter NG Firewall
1 AD Integration
"AD Integration" enables you to integrate WFilter NG Firewall with microsoft active directory, so you can:
- Detect AD username of online devices.
- Set internet access and bandwidth shaper policies based on AD users.
- Record AD users internet activity.
- The real-time bandwidth will show AD username:
- Choose applied-to users(AD OU & users):
To enable "AD Integration", the following conditions must be met:
- A valid enterprise license of WFilter NG Firewall.
- A valid active directory.
- Admin access to the active directory(The admin user shall belong to the "Domain Admins" group.)
- WFilter NG Firewall uses different machanism to retrieve logon domain users when the DC is in external or internal network.
- When "automatically sync domain users" is enabled, new or deleted domain users will be synced to WFilter.
- WFilter detects a domain user when it login into the active directory. So you might need to wait sometime to see logon users.
- The default user entry timeout is 30 hours. If no re-logon happens in 30 hours after last time logon, this username will be timeout.
- Some programs in the client device will automaticaly logon into the domain with a different AD user. In this case, you can add this user into the "Exception List".