From Wiki of WFilter NG Firewall
1 IP-MAC Binding
This module enables you to bind an ip address to a MAC address. Please notice:
- "IP-MAC Binding" is only available in "gateway" deployment mode.
- If a listed client is configured as "obtain ip address automatically", it will always be assigned with the bound ip address by WFilter's DHCP service.
- If there is another DHCP server existing in your network, please configure this DHCP server to assign listed static ip addresses to clients.
- If you want to apply binding to clients connected with a three layer switch, you need to install "MAC Detector".
- For unlisted IPs, you can choose to:
- "Block All". No internet access for unlisted IP addresses.
- "Allow All". Allow internet access for unlisted IP addresses.
- "Block below IP". Local IP address belongs to the IP ranges will be blocked.
- For unlisted MAC addresses, you can set each lan subnet to assign IP address or not.
- "Disable". Do not assign IP to unlisted MAC address.
- "Enable". Assign IP to unlisted MAC address.
- Clear DHCP lease. So clients will get a new IP address.
3 IP-MAC List
- Click the "state" icon, you can turn on/off the binding.
Please notice: even a binding is in "off" state, static ip address will still be assigned by WFilter's DHCP.
4 Scan and Remove
- Scan and Import: scan local ip & mac list for importing.
- Delete: delete ip-mac list